Sunday, July 29, 2007

CHAPTER 9 KING OF ALL ARTS AND SCIENCES (RAJA VIDYA RAJA GUHYA YOGA)

BHAGAVADGITA CHAPTER 9
9. RAAJA VIDYAA RAAJA GUHYA YOOGA
State of KING OF SKILLS, KING OF SECRETS


RAAJA VIDYAA 001
idam tu tee guhyatamam pravakshyaami anasuuyavee
gnaanam vignaanasahitam yaj gnaatvaa mookshyasee as`ubhaat
RAAJA VIDYAA 02
raajavidyaa raajaguhyam pavitram idam uttamam
pratyakshaavagamam dharmyam susukham kartum avyayam
RAAJA VIDYAA 003
as`raddadhaanaa: purushaa dharmasyaasya paramtapa
apraapya maam nivartamtee mrutyusamsaaravartmani
RAAJA VIDYAA 004
mayaa tatam idam sarvam jagad avyaktamuurtinaa
matsthaani sarvabhuutaani na ca aham teeshv avasthita:
RAAJA VIDYAA 005
na ca matsthaani bhuutaani pas`ya mee yoogam ais`varam
bhuutabhrun na ca bhuutasthoo mamaatmaa bhuutabhaavana:
RAAJA VIDYAA 006
yathaakaas`asthitoo nityam vaayu: sarvatragoo mahaan
tathaa sarvaan`i bhuutaani matsthaaniiti upadhaaraya
RAAJA VIDYAA 007
sarvabhuutaani kaumteeya prakrutim yaamti maamikaam
kalpakshayee punas taani kalpaadau visrujaami aham
RAAJA VIDYAA 008
prakrutim svaam avasht`abhya visrujaami puna: puna:
bhuutagraamam imam krutsnam avas`am prakruteer vas`aat
RAAJA VIDYAA 009
na ca maam taani karmaan`i
nibadhnamti dhanamjaya
udaasiinavad aasiinam
asaktam teeshu karmasu
RAAJA VIDYAA 10
mayaadhyaksheen`a prakruti: suuyatee sacharaacharam
heetunaaneena kaumteeya jagad viparivartatee

KOS = King of Skills, King of Secrets.


Krishna said: You are free of envy. Hence I shall now tell you the utmost secret and superior knowledge (Comment: So secret!) filled with pure devotion orientation. By knowing it you will be free from inauspicious incidents and attain supreme deliverance of freedom from births and deaths. (KOS 1).
This is the King of Skills. This is the King of Secrets. This is sacred and good. It is a manifestation of experience. Capable of attaining all virtuous duties. Comfort giving. Infinite in results. (KOS 2).
Those who do not have interest in this Path of Duty will not only fail to reach me, but will also be revolving in the orbit of domestic strife (cycle of births and deaths). (KOS 3).
All Universe is manifest with my inifinite and inexpressible form. All the creatures are within me. I am not within them. (KOS 4).
(Comment: Now Krishna contradicts what he stated in KOS 4.)
The creatures are not within me. Pl. see my rich divine Union. Though my soul bears the idea of creatures I am not within them. (KOS 5).
Krishna contradicts what he stated in KOS 5.

Just as the air located in the sky is spread all over it, all the creatures are situate in me. (KOS 6).
At the time of the Great Disaster, all the creatures merge themselves in my magic. Again at the time of re-creation, I create them. (KOS 7).
By mounting on the Nature, I create again and again all the herds of creatures which are not free, but are under the control of nature. (KOS 8).
I am not interested in those Actions (Actions of Creation and Destruction), looking indifferent, I am not bound by such Actions. KOS 9).
Under my directions, the Nature is creating all the static and moving organisms. For this reason, the world is again and again taking birth and merging with me repeatedly. (KOS 10).


RAAJA VIDYAA 011
avajaanamti maam muud`haa maanushiim tanum aas`ritam
param bhaavam ajaanamtoo mama bhuutamahees`varam
RAAJA VIDYAA 012
mooghaas`aa mooghakarmaan`oo mooghagnaanaa vicheetasa:
raakshasiim aasuriim ca iva prakrutim moohiniim s`ritaa:
RAAJA VIDYAA 013
mahaatmaanas tu maam paartha daiviim prakrutim aas`ritaa:
bhajamti ananyamanasoo gnaatvaa bhuutaadim avyayam
RAAJA VIDYAA 014
satatam kiirtayamtoo maam yatamtas` ca drud`havrataa:
namasyamtas` ca maam bhaktyaa nityayuktaa upaasatee
RAAJA VIDYAA 015
gnaanayagneena ca api anyee yajamtoo maam upaasatee
eekatveena pruthaktveena bahudhaa vis`vatoomukham
RAAJA VIDYAA 016
aham kratur aham yagna: svadhaaham aham aushadham
mamtroo aham aham eevaajyam aham agnir aham hutam
RAAJA VIDYAA 017
pitaaham asya jagatoo maataa dhaataa pitaamaha:
veedyam pavitram oomkaara ruk saama yajur eeva ca
RAAJA VIDYAA 018
gatir bhartaa prabhu: saakshii nivaasa: s`aran`am suhrut
prabhava: pralaya: sthaanam nidhaanam biijam avyayam
RAAJA VIDYAA 019
tapaami aham aham varsham nigruhn`aami utsrujaami ca
amrutam ca iva mrutyus` ca sad asach ca aham arjuna
RAAJA VIDYAA 020
traividyaa maam soomapaa: puutapaapaa; yagnair isht`vaa svargatim praarthayamtee
tee pun`yam aasaadya sureendralookam; as`namti divyaan divi deevabhoogaan
RAAJA VIDYAA 021
tee tam bhuktvaa svargalookam vis`aalam; kshiin`ee pun`yee martyalookam vis`amti
eevam traiiidharmam anuprapannaa; gataagatam kaamakaamaa labhamtee
RAAJA VIDYAA 022
ananyaas` chimtayamtoo maam yee janaa: paryupaasatee
teeshaam nityaabhiyuktaanaam yoogaksheemam vahaami aham
RAAJA VIDYAA 023
yee api anyadeevataa bhaktaa yajamtee s`raddhayaanvitaa:
tee api maam eeva kaumteeya yajamti avidhipuurvakam
RAAJA VIDYAA 024
aham hi sarvayagnaanaam bhooktaa ca prabhur eeva ca
na tu maam abhijaanamti tattveenaatas` chyavamti tee
RAAJA VIDYAA 025
yaamti deevavrataa deevaan pitqn yaamti pitruvrataa:
bhuutaani yaamti bhuuteejyaa yaamti madyaajinoo api maam
RAAJA VIDYAA 026
patram pushpam phalam tooyam yoo mee bhaktyaa prayachchhati
tad aham bhaktyupahrutam as`naami prayataatmana:
RAAJA VIDYAA 027
yat karooshi yad as`naasi yaj juhooshi dadaasi yat
yat tapasyasi kaumteeya tat kurushva madarpan`am
RAAJA VIDYAA 028
s`ubhaas`ubhaphalair eevam mookshyasee karmabandhanai:
sanyaasayoogayuktaatmaa vimuktoo maam upaishyasi
RAAJA VIDYAA 29
samoo aham sarvabhuuteeshu na mee dveeshyoo asti na priya:
yee bhajamti tu maam bhaktyaa maii tee teeshu ca api aham
RAAJA VIDYAA 030
api cheet suduraachaaroo bhajatee maam ananyabhaak
saadhur eeva sa mamtavya: samyag vyavasitoo hi sa:
RAAJA VIDYAA 031
kshipram bhavati dharmaatmaa s`as`vachchhaamtim nigachchhati
kaumteeya pratijaaniihi na mee bhakta: pran`as`yati
RAAJA VIDYAA 032
maam hi paartha vyapaas`ritya yee api syu: paapayoonaya:
striyoo vais`yaas tathaa s`uudraas tee api yaamti paraam gatim
RAAJA VIDYAA 033
kim punar braahman`aa: pun`yaa bhaktaa raajarshayas tathaa
anityam asukham lookam imam praapya bhajasva maam
RAAJA VIDYAA 034
manmanaa bhava madbhaktoo madyaajii maam namaskuru
maam eevaishyasi yuktvaivam aatmaanam matparaayan`a:

s`riibhagavaan uvaacha


Ignorant persons fail to realise my true concept and nature as the Supreme Lord of all the creatures ignore and illtreat me as an ordinary human. (KOS 11).
Persons with frustrated desires, actions and knowledge and decadent intellect, take shelter with the devilish, demonish, prideful and dormant natures which tempt the intellect. (KOS 12).
Persons with Great Soul take shelter with divine nature and with a focused intellect realise me who is the foundation for all the creatures and the infinite. (KOS 13).
With great effort and dedication they sing my glories. They salute me with devotion. They always contemplate on me. (KOS 14).
Some using the sacrificial worship called 'Knowledge', some others using 'Union', some others using heterogenity, some others using forms of different deities, all worship me. (KOS 15).
I am the sacrifice. I am the act of devotion and worship. I am the sacrifice for the ancestors. I am the sacrificial wood. I am the chant. I am the fuel (clarified butter). I am the fire. I am the burnt. (KOS 16).
I am the father of this Universe. Mother; Mentor; Grandfather. I am the thing to be learnt and known. I am the sacred. I am the 'Oum' sound. I am the three Vedas. (KOS 17).
I am the path and destiny. I am the patron. I am the Lord. I am the Witness. I am the Dwelling. I am the shelter. I am the benefactor. I am the creator. I am the destroyer. I am the foundation and support. I am the point of disaster. I am the reason and seed. I am the indestructible I. (KOS 18).
I make the days warm. I restrain and release rains. I am the life. I am the death. I am the good. I am the bad. (KOS 19).
Those who know the three Vedas and the Vedic Sacrifices perform them, drink the juice of Soma Plant, cleanse their sins, perform the Sacrifices praying for the Heaven, will get the fruit of attaining the Indra's heaven (Comment: lower in hierarchy) and enjoy there the heavenly luuries. (KOS 20)
After enjoying the luxurries in the spacious heaven and exhausting all their credits for the good deeds, return to the Earth. Thus, those who practise the three-Veda-faith and rituals again and again get the births and deaths and satisfy their desires. (KOS 21).
Those who completely devote themselves to me without thinking about anything else, those who are always in unison with me, I shall bear the burden of their Union and Welfare. (KOS 22).
Those who sincerely worship other Gods, also worship me only, but without a sense of duty and intention. (POS 23).
I am the receiver of all Sacrificial offerings. I am the Lord of all the Sacrifices. But, they (who worship other Gods) being unable to understand my true form and nature, are getting reborn. (KOS 24).
Those who worship heavenly Gods are going to Heaven. Those who worship ancestors are going to the abodes of their ancestors. Those who worship ghosts are going to the abodes of the ghosts. Those who worship me are getting me. (KOS 25).
A person who offers me with utmost devotion a leaf/flower/water, whatever the clean intellectual offered me, I receive. (KOS 26).
O son of Kumti! Whatever Actions you do, food you eat, sacrifices you make, charities and gifts you make, whatever penance you undertake, dedicate to me. (KOS 27).
You will be relieved from all the bonds of favourable and unfavourable results of all your Actions. You will become a UP-UMP (Person whose soul is in Union with the Supreme Spirit or Union Mounted Person) by having relinquished everything to me, will attain me. (KOS 28).
I view all creatures equally. I do not have any one to love or hate. Whoever worships me with devotion, I prevail in them. They live in me. I live in their hearts. (KOS 29).
A person may follow all bad customs and habits. Yet, if he worships me with single minded devotion, he is to be taken as gentle. This is because, he engaged and determined in serving me. (KOS 30).
My devotee will quickly become a dutiful soul. He gets eternal peace. Arjuna! pledge (determine) that my devotee will never peish. (KOS 31).
Those born of evil wombs, women, merchants (caste), s`uudraas (caste) all take shelter in me and attain the Supreme State. (KOS 32).
Again there is no need to tell about virtuous Priests, deovted King-ascetics. Having attained this ephemeral, comfortless world, worship and praise me. (KOS 33).
Become mine. Be my devotee. Be my worshipper. Salute me. Be in union with me. Within yourselves, be filled with me and thoughts on me. (KOS 34).

No comments: